Choice of pupil
Your choice of pupil may be limited to just one – the one who is available at the time of your Standards Check. However, if you do have a choice of pupils here are a few things you should consider choosing someone:
- who is responsive to you and with whom you have a good rapport.
- who is actively involved in the lesson planning and goal setting and who is happy to engage in the same.
- who responds well to the conversations you will have to structure onward activities following regular reviews
- who is used to the regular performance review process.
You should try to avoid selecting someone
- who grunts or shrugs their shoulders
- who never has any idea what they want to do or how to go about it
- who doesn’t respond to the conversational methodology
- who takes no active part in, or has no idea how to reflect and review
- who is liable to crumble under the extra pressure
Where possible have a ‘back up’ pupil in case you are let down.
Remember you do not have to take a learner; you can take a pupil of any ability including PDIs provided they have not passed the ADI Part 2 test.